The Solutions Architect will create the high-level IT solution design, based on business requirements, to meet quality and performance requirements, and any technical constraints. The candidate will be expected to be passionate about technology, with an understanding of public cloud environments, web technologies and preferable experience with user-centric design. Solution Architect is a business facing role working in partnership with the Product Owner to interpret and translate requirements into a solution that is adaptive and can meet the ongoing demands of our business. Their primary focus in this role will be delivery of an App eco system supporting our finished goods and raw material teams but, when necessary, will be expected to apply their skills in other areas of the business.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking and continuously evolving organisation with a globally recognised brand, where you will partner with senior stakeholders across the business to shape the direction of Product development solutions and processes.
- Develop an evolving solution architecture for projects across the Product domain, addressing business function needs and ensuring alignment with known business function priorities and roadmaps, agreeing design changes and trade-offs where pragmatic
- Ensure alignment with our roadmaps and enterprise architecture principles, standards and governance process
- Manage logical to physical design, between internal and external delivery partners
- Where required, establish and direct innovation-led proof of concepts and make recommendations on technology adoption
- Ensure that delivery projects plan for all relevant architectural governance, design reviews and gating
- Raise and resolve any architectural and project issues/risks and issues throughout the lifecycle of any delivery projects, with relevant business function and IT project team(s)
- Develop the solution acceptance criteria to ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across our IT estate and enable communication to relevant business stakeholders
- Work with the Security and Information Risk functions to ensure any solution meet the needs of our security standards and principles
- Ensure delivery projects correctly account for solution infrastructure from an operational and supportability perspective and that all non-functional requirements (including SLAs for business continuity, availability and scalability, security) are addressed in the solution
- Ensure that the solution architecture balances functional, service quality and operational management requirements but remains bound by relevant commercial, business function and technical constraints
- Share and collaborate on technology solutions with other stakeholders, especially implementation partners to ensure skills are developed in-house and knowledge is retained
- Communicate portfolio of content and reusable solutions to suppliers and partners, ensuring the most appropriate deployment of their technology and products as possible
- Support wider IT relationship with technology vendors
- Oversee the technical acceptance of requirements and ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across our IT estate